This Privacy Notice sets out how StylarNetwork Sdn Bhd (“Seeties”) will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
1. WHAT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE EXPLAINS
- What kind of personal information we collect from you;
- How we collect your personal information;
- How we use your personal information;
- When we disclose your personal information;
- Access to your personal information;
- Correcting your personal information; and
- Online dealings with us.
2. OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Seeties, we value, respect and are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used for the purposes stated herein in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
3. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information, which relates to information relating to your physical health or condition, etc.
4. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by yourself when you register with us;
- through your verbal and written communications with us
- from third parties connected with you, such as partners, etc., subject to your prior consent; and
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with (e.g. law enforcement and other government agencies) or are connected with you and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
6. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to process your application for the Seetizen Expert program;
- for registration and administration;
- to provide you with our products and services to manage and maintain your relationship with us;
- to produce anonymised and aggregated data, research, reports and statistics;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; or
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
subject at all time to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Seeties (whether in or outside Malaysia).
8. WHAT IF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IS INCOMPLETE
Where indicated (for example in registration forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our products and/or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
9. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us in writing via our contact details below.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
We shall not disclose your personal information to our merchants unless your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
11. ONLINE DEALINGS WITH SEETIES
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
12. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.